Translate this page!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hanging Lake, Glenwood Springs, CO- (12-31-2012)


Location:Hanging Lake, Glenwood Springs, CO

Date: 12/31/12

How far we went: 1 mile up + 1 mile down = 2 total

How long it took us: About 3 hours

Elevation reached: 7,040 ft
Weather: VERY COLD (Never was about 6 degrees F)

I'm making this post after my other Hanging Lake post, but we actually did this one a year before and I'm just now getting around to posting it. This was a very cold trip but it's totally worth it. Take in the pictures and enjoy. 2 miles if you go from bottom to top, and then back down. I wouldn't make this a first-time winter hike. It's not too challenging but the last scramble to the top is too much to handle for some, especially with all the ice and snow. Make sure you have appropriate footwear such as yaktrax.


I posted this already but I will do so again.... There is a large parking lot with ample spaces but you should make a note that YOU CANNOT ACCESS HANGING LAKE FROM I-70 EASTBOUND. YOU MUST TURN AROUND AT EXIT 121. Don't get pissed off and confused, turning around adds 5-10 minutes in the trip, maybe more in awful weather but I promise it is well worth the wait.  


Also, here is a video of Hanging Lake. Only this is from a year later, not on the day these pictures were taken. 

Quick stop at Vail Pass







 

No comments:

Post a Comment