Translate this page!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Lory State Park- (Westridge, Howard, Mill Creek Link) 11/15/2012

Started out at green star (parking lot at very end of Lory) 1. Arthur's Rock Trail 3. Portion of Timber Trail 5. Westridge Trail. 11. Howard Trail (where I took my fall) 9. Mill Creek Link


Location: Lory State Park (Westridge trail via Arthur's Rock/Timber trail, then Howard and Mill Creek Link) Bellvue, CO. 
Date: 11/15/2012
How far we went: ?? Lost track due to injury (see below)**
How long it took us: About 2 or 3 hours depending on pace.
Elevation reached: ?? Lost track of this too
Weather: A little chilly, very sunny. 

Another sunny day in Colorado. I was curious to see what the Westridge trail was so I went up via Arthur's Rock and took a left at the sign designated for Timber trail and followed that to my destination. It's the only place (I believe) at Lory where you have an unobstructed view of Longs Peak and the Continental Divide. I was in too much of a hurry on the Howard Trail (#11 above) and I tripped and took a hard fall sliding down the trail. Both hands, both arms, and my right leg all had some good damage. Luckily, I had some alcohol based wipes in my bookbag that day and was able to clean my wounds (there was a LOT of dirt in my cuts/skin.) I took a second to get cleaned up then I calmly proceeded to the bottom and home where I was able to better deal with it. I wasn't hurt bad though.. Either way, awesome trail. Don't be surprised if you see some daredevil mountain bikers on Howard. Pretty awesome to see them in action. 


Where you need to go left if you come up Arthur's Rock Trail.

Walking along Timber trail.




Walking along Westridge, take a turn to your right and you see the view.....

.... The view that my camera cannot give justice to. 


View of Arthur's rock from Westridge

Only shot I got of Howard trail before I tripped


**

No comments:

Post a Comment