Translate this page!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Raven Rock (Raven Rock Loop and Little Creek Trails) - 5/11/2011



Location: Raven Rock State Park. Lillington, NC (Raven Rock loop, Little Creek Trails)
Date: 5/11/2011
How far we went: 2.71 mi
How long it took us: 1:25:18
Elevation reached: 368 ft
Weather: Overcast, debbie-downersville.

Well, it was an awful morning so I'll try not to shit on this place too much. Oh, never mind. This place was definitely not my favorite. I've heard people tell me this place was awesome. Don't go with high hopes because you will be let down. Driving from the Raleigh/Durham area, it was a pain in the ass to get there and way too far out of the way. Trails are pretty boring and remnants of humanity are everywhere. I was advised to go on the Campbell Creek Loop trail, but I didn't listen.......... We decided to be tourists and see the "attraction" (Raven Rock) of the park which is just an overlook into the Cape Fear river. I wish I had have more hands so I could give this park 4 thumbs down. 

ps- Someone forgot the camera so all I have are iPhone pics. 








No comments:

Post a Comment